Use the Word for Mac mail merge FILLIN rule to prompt the user for info to be used in all merges, such as the mailing date. Position the insertion point and choose Rules > FILLIN to open the dialog box. Provide a prompt and optionally a default. Enable the Ask Once checkbox. The user will be prompted once for the information when they complete the merge.
- [Instructor] In this final chapter,…we are looking at more advanced features,…specifically the rules that are available…to use with Mail Merge.…I'll be using letters as an illustration,…but you can apply these same rules…to the different types of merges that we've done,…including email merge.…So don't be afraid to try this anywhere.…The first rule we're going to work with…is a global application of the fill in rule,…and here's our use case.…We're going to send this letter out,…some of them today, some tomorrow, some next week.…
We want to be able to replace this date on the fly…at the time we launch the mail merge.…It will be the same date for everyone.…We're not asking for each letter,…we're asking for the batch.…The way we will do this is we will…go to Mailings, and this document…called Global Fill-In doesn't have…any Mail Merge capability yet,…so we're going to tell it this is a letter.…We're going to select some recipients.…I'm going to use an existing list…also in the Chapter 04 folder…of our Exercise File,…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges