Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing our short film, part of Creating a Short Film: 02 Writing.
(slow music)…- It's so hard to believe.…
I keep dreaming that she's here with me.…And we can go home.…The people of my world are sick.…Dying…I can never go home.…I am alone.…My sister was the only family I ever known.…And I miss her.…She left me here in the wilderness.…
I know her mission is important.…But I still don't understand it.…I always knew my sister would do something great.…I didn't know what it was.…But she did.…And that weighed heavily on her.…Taeyani kept her secrets till the end.…All I knew was she have more hope than most.…She wanted that for me too.…
- I said…- Through forest is deep and desert long…I will be brave, I will be strong.…I did not share her faith.…A great evil has come to this world.…They say it is a God that has rebelled on the fallen.…And that his presence crazed with terrible plague…that is destroying our people.…
- To all the assurance…- Sometime hope an injured drop.…They think it�s a inside from the God…that will be saved.…- Draw the assurance everyday…- Taeyani believed she had me study it…
. Make sure to watch the first installment to learn about the background of the project and to get an overview of the role of the producer. Watch the follow-up episodes to learn more about pre-production, directing, working with actors, editing and visual effects, and everything else that goes into filmmaking. This is a one-of-a-kind educational experience you won't find anywhere else.
- Finding your story
- Building a character arc
- Identifying story beats
- Borrowing from archetypes
- Writing a fantasy film
- Using screenwriting software such as Final Draft and Adobe Story
- Polishing the script
- Understanding screenplay formatting
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 04 Working with Actorswith Chad Perkins1h 49m Appropriate for all
1. Story Basics
2. Getting Ideas
3. Creating a Fantasy World
4. Writing the Story
5. Writing the Screenplay
6. Improving the Script
7. Rewriting the Script
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.