Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing the next course, part of Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Production.
- One of the big glaring omissions of this training series…has been any discussion about casting.…Well, casting and rehearsals are so important…and such big conversations in their own right,…that we're going to look at those…in the next training course on acting.…We'll look at how to hold an audition…and who should be there and why.…We'll look at the reasons…for why we cast some actors over others.…We'll examine the rehearsals we had…for the main actors in the cast,…and the improvements that we made as we went along.…We'll also look at the craft of acting.…
Now, whether you're a director, a producer,…or any other member of the crew,…it's important for you to understand…how acting really works.…It's a very difficult thing to be exposed…and to emote with a camera in your face,…and everyone waiting on you to deliver a performance…that's perfect and genuine.…There's a lot more to the craft of acting…than just pretending,…and we'll talk about that in detail.…You know, actors are the ones in a film that we connect to.…
Learn how to prepare the assets, such as shooting scripts, storyboards, and shot lists. Discover how to schedule and budget a shoot, and keep costs down while leaving room for the creative decisions that need to be made along the way. Find out how to hire a crew, scout and secure locations for each scene, and prepare props, sets, and wardrobe for actors. Learn what you need to do to keep your people safe, and the things you can prepare ahead of time to make sure production and post-production run smoothly.
There are more filmmaking tips to be had! Make sure to watch the first installment to learn about the background of the project and to get an overview of the role of the producer. Look for the follow-up episodes to learn more about writing, directing, working with actors, editing and visual effects, and everything else that goes into filmmaking.
- Turning the script into a shooting script
- Working with script breakdown software such as Adobe Story
- Creating storyboards and a shot list
- Scheduling the shoot
- Budgeting the shoot and post-production
- Hiring a crew
- Preparing sets and costumes
- Scouting locations
- Creating props
- Preparing assets for post-production
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 04 Working with Actorswith Chad Perkins1h 49m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Script Breakdown
2. Creating the Shot List
3. Creating the Schedule
4. Creating the Budget
5. Getting a Crew
6. Art and Production Design
9. Preparing for Production
10. Preparing for Post
Creating a rough soundtrack1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.