In this video, learn that Alternate text helps people with screen readers understand the content of pictures and help us comply with Global Content Standards. Author Jen McBee will demonstrate the steps of adding alternate text to pictures, and will demo
- [Instructor] When creating documents…that may be read by a global audience,…you should consider implementing some…of these global content standards.…Use standard fonts, use fonts that anyone…throughout the world would have access to.…Be consistent when you're using your terminology…and minimize the use of cliches or slang…that might not be understood in other languages.…There's another audience that we want to make sure…we prepare our document for and we can do that…by using the Accessibility Checker.…
This Accessibility Checker will look for content…that people will disabilities might find difficult…to read.…For instance, for those using a screen reader,…if there are objects in the document…that do not have alternate text,…the screen reader may skip those objects.…But in this video, I'll show you how to include…alternate text for all of your objects.…We'll run the Accessibility Checker on our document…and see if we have any errors that we need…to take care of.…We're going to be working with…the 05 01 Accessibility Tools document.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for contact hours and professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Modifying existing templates
- Resolving multi-document style conflicts
- Designing advanced documents
- Working with outlines
- Creating advanced references
- Creating and formatting a table of contents
- Creating custom Word elements
- Configuring language options in documents
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.