Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Planning macros, part of Word: Building Blocks and Macros.
When working with macros, especially if you will be working with them often,…there a number of handy tools that you may want to display in order to make…working with them easier, and in doing so make your life easier as well.…Also it's important to plan out your steps prior to recording your macro.…Let's see how implementing these things can make your macro life a bit easier…and provide a little smoother sailing.…We'll begin by displaying a developer toolbar, if we didn't already turn it on…while we were crating the building block content controls.…The Developer tab contains access to the Code Group which gives us access to…recording and running macros and other advanced features. But it's not displayed…by default, so we'll go to customize the Quick Access Toolbar>More…Commands>Customize Ribbon and Developer.…
If it's not already checked, make sure that you have a checkmark here underneath…of Developer and then click on OK.…If you're working in Word 2007, to view the Developer Ribbon go to the Pizza…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.