Review core exam objectives. Learn about the exam by dissecting a sample exam question.
- [Instructor] Let's take a minute to talk about the exam format and the time allotment. As I mentioned earlier, the time allotment for the MOS Exam is 50 minutes. You should be able to complete the Word 2016 MOS Expert Exam in 40 minutse or less, and that will give you 10 minutes to go back and review all the tasks that you completed. You can also take a look at any task that you skipped over before you submit your exam. Because Microsoft believes that using multiple projects throughout the exam will allow you to better show your knowledge and skills of Word 2016, you'll be working with several projects, each having four to five tasks.
The projects you will work on are real-world examples of documents similar to those you're probably working on now. On the 2016 exams, you'll be tested on your knowledge of the exam objectives several times throughout the exam instead of just once. You'll need to have a good understanding of program functionality in order to complete the tasks on the exams. Now, the Word 2016 MOS exam is a pass/fail exam. To pass, you must have a minimum score of 700 out of a possible 1,000 points. If you don't pass the exam the first time, you can retake the exam after a 24-hour period.
When you pass the exam, you'll receive a MOS certificate from Microsoft along with a letter welcoming you to the MOS community. Frame that certificate and hang it on your wall, or put it on your fridge to show the world that you know your stuff. Next, I want to give you information about purchasing your vouchers and scheduling your exam. You'll want to register at certiport.com. Let me show you the Web site. In the upper right-hand corner, this is where you can register as a new test candidate. Once you've registered, you can access the test candidate's menu, where you can locate a testing center, have access to additional learning products, and view their exam policies.
You can also purchase your Microsoft Office Specialist exam vouchers here. Let's talk about the vouchers. You can purchase a voucher for a single exam or a voucher that has a retake attached to it. The single exam vouchers are around $96. The exam vouchers that have a retake attached are around $115. I think it's well worth the investment. If you don't happen to pass the exam the first time, you can retake the exam after a 24-hour period at no additional cost.
And one last thing, be sure to bring a photo ID with you when you go to sit for the exam. Without that photo ID, you will not be able to sit for the exam.
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. It then walks test-takers through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents so viewers can practice as they go. The course concludes with a full-length practice test that emulates the Word 2016 MOS Expert exam, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Describe two ways a user can create a macro.
- Recall how to mark a comment as “Done.”
- Explain how to use Find and Replace to edit text.
- Identify the purpose of an index.
- Summarize the process used to create a new building block in the Quick Parts gallery.
- Recognize the importance of using alternative text for objects in a document.