Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Opening documents, part of Learning Word 2010.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Opening documents in Word is generally quick and easy.…This lesson covers the basics. It also explains the difference between…Macro enabled documents and standard documents.…So here we've got a blank document open in our Word window but suppose we want to…open an existing document that's stored someplace on our hard drive.…The thing to do is to go over to the File tab, click this Open button, looks like a…little folder opening up. And that brings up a dialog box like this.…You've probably seen these before they show you your folders and other items…along the left side here. And then in the middle shows you the…contents of whatever you've selected. So here we have the documents library…selected and in here we see folders and documents.…
Now these documents showing right now are all Word files and that's because this…menu over here is restricting. The view of what's in here, it's sort of…filtering out everything except Word documents.…Now we can change that, by using the list, it pops up like this.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.