The Navigation pane gives you an easy way to search and go to specific locations in a document. In this video, learn how to use the Navigation pane to move throughout the document and create links to text and objects.
- [Instructor] Document navigation gives users an easy way … to move throughout documents. … After watching this video, … you'll know how to search through a document, … find information so you can update it or replace it. … You'll also know how to link to text and objects … within a document. … I'll show you how to navigate to locations and objects … and how to display symbols and hidden text. … Let's jump right in to the 02_01_Navigation document. … The first thing that I'll show you is … how to open up your Navigation pane. … On the Home tab, I'll go over to Find in the Editing group, … and let's just click on Find. … Now, this is your Navigation window. … This will give you a lot of information … about this document. … For instance, if I want to see all of the text … that has a heading applied to it, I click on Headings. … And if you look over at Mission, … I'll go ahead and click on it. … Let's look in the Styles window. … And you'll notice right away … that Heading 1 has been applied to this Mission heading. …
- Navigating within documents
- Inserting headers and footers
- Sharing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Inserting breaks
- Formatting text
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating citations and bibliographies
- Managing references
- Adding comments
- Managing change tracking
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
About the challenges1m 13s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Manage Documents
3. Insert and Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
4. Manage Tables and Lists
5. Create and Manage References
6. Insert and Format Graphic Elements
7. Manage Document Collaboration
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.