Learn to search large Word 2010 documents efficiently using the Go To tool and the advanced Find tool. Learn that Go To allows quick navigation to tables, comments, and other tags. Learn keyboard shortcuts for these navigation tools.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] Being able to quickly navigate throughout…your document and easily find elements such as comments,…tables, bookmarks, or sections, is a skill that you…may be asked to demonstrate on the Word 2010 MOS exam.…In this video, we'll review how to quickly find…comments, tables and sections in your document.…On the exam, you may be asked to quickly find a table…and apply formatting to that table.…I have the 03_03 exercise file open, so if you're ready,…let's go to that document.…
Now, the Go To option is on your Home tab,…way over on the right-hand side, under the Find menu.…You can also quickly get to the Go To menu by using…a keyboard shortcut, Control G, for go.…Once you get into the Find and Replace window,…it should take you right to the Go To tab,…where you can search for sections,…by typing the section number in.…Let me go ahead and go to section two, for instance.…I'll type a two in the field and click Go To…and it took me right down to section two.…
Now, on your status bar, at the bottom of your window,…
Explore the Microsoft certification program and then walk through all the exam objectives in detail. Learn about sharing and maintaining documents, formatting content, applying page layout and reusable content, including illustrations and graphics, proofreading documents, applying references and hyperlinks, and performing mail merge operations. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Creating new Word documents
- Protecting and sharing documents
- Formatting content using font and paragraph attributes
- Creating tables and custom bullet characters
- Inserting breaks, headers and footers, and watermarks
- Adding and formatting illustrations, graphics, and SmartArt
- Creating Quick Parts from existing objects
- Proofreading documents and configuring AutoCorrect
- Applying endnotes, footnotes, and hyperlinks
- Setting up and executing a mail merge
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 49s
2. Creating, Sharing, and Maintaining Documents
3. Format Content
4. Applying Page Layout and Reusable Content
5. Including Illustrations and Graphics
6. Proofreading Documents
7. Applying References and Hyperlinks
Insert and edit hyperlinks4m 31s
8. Performing Mail Merge Operations
9. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.