Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying a style, part of Learning Word 2010.
You need styles to give consistent formatting to different elements in your document.…But styles aren't written in stone. You've got some flexibility.…There are two options. You can override style formatting,…changing selected bits of text here and there in your document, or you can modify…the style definition itself. And in that case, every chunk of text…that uses the style will reflect the changed definition.…This lesson shows both operations. So what we're looking at here is our…novel, but we've split the screen here, dragging this bar up and down, so that…we're looking at two parts of the novel At the same time.…
We see our Chapter one, the beginning of Chapter one here, and the beginning of…Chapter two down here. We can see that the beginning of each of…these chapters, we have some heading formatting.…So, this is styled with Heading two, and then the title down here, is styled with…Heading three. And that's the same with Chapter two.…Yeah, if I wanted to change some text, suppose I want to change chapter 1 here,…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.