Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying building blocks, part of Word: Building Blocks and Macros.
You can, in a sense, edit or modify a building block.…When I say in a sense, I mean that what you're actually doing is making a change…and saving over the old building block.…It will make more sense if I just show you, so let's get started.…Let's say that we needed to replace one employee with another and what we need…to do with our letterhead is modify our building block, right now it's saved…underneath of the Header's gallery.…So what I would think is I needed to go to Insert>Header and then modify it here somewhere.…
It says Edit Header, but that's not really what I want to do, because I want to…edit my building block.…If I do a right-click on my building block, I can see Edit Properties, so my…second thought would be let's go here.…When I choose Edit Properties though, it's just the properties of the building…block, not the building block itself.…So you can't get to it that way, either.…So what you have to do is you have to save over the old building block.…So let's Cancel here, we'll go back to our Header, and we are going to take out…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.