Sorting data in a table better organizes the data. In this video, learn how to sort table data, configure cell margins and spacing, merge and split cells, resize tables, rows, and columns, split tables, and configure a repeating row header.
- Now that our tables are created, … I'm going to take a few minutes and show you how easy it is … to modify the tables using the table tools, … design, and layout ribbons. … After watching this video, you'll know how to sort … table data, configure cell margins and spacing, … merge and split cells, resize tables, rows, and columns, … split tables, and configure a repeating row header. … We have a lot to cover, so let's jump right in. … In our "Modify Tables" document we have two tables. … Let's go ahead and take a look at table number one. … Right away, I see that the information … would be easier to read if it were centered … both horizontally and vertically within the cells. … I'll click on the square to select the table, … that's my table selector. … And go to my table tools layout. … These nine options are to align the text vertically … at the top, … the center, and the bottom, … and then to align the text horizontally on the left, … the center, or on the right. … Let's go ahead and center the information …
- Navigating within documents
- Inserting headers and footers
- Sharing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Inserting breaks
- Formatting text
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating citations and bibliographies
- Managing references
- Adding comments
- Managing change tracking
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
About the challenges1m 13s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Manage Documents
3. Insert and Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
4. Manage Tables and Lists
5. Create and Manage References
6. Insert and Format Graphic Elements
7. Manage Document Collaboration
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.