Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify paragraph spacing for a document, part of Word 2016: Styles in Depth.
- [Instructor] If I look, for example,…at normal style, notice that not only…does it have a font and then an alignment,…it also has spacing,…spacing within a paragraph called line spacing,…spacing before or after a paragraph.…If I look at a heading,…it may also have spacing as well,…or it could inherit the spacing…that comes from normal in this case.…Title has spacing of its own,…zero after, single line spacing.…What if I wanted to adjust the spacing then…for an entire document?…One way to do it would be to modify…the spacing for normal, knowing that that will be inherited,…but there's another tool that will allow us to do this.…
It's not part of styles, it's not part of themes,…but it hangs out on the design tab,…and I'd like to show you how it works.…It's called paragraph spacing,…and if I click the paragraph spacing drop down,…notice that default spacing, which we're using now,…says that there will be zero points before a paragraph,…eight points after, and the line spacing right now…for my default is 1.08.…But if I wanted to make it more compact, I can.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the different types of styles
- Creating styles
- Applying styles
- Customizing styles
- Basing new styles on existing styles
- Managing style sets
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Creating a table of contents with styles