In this video, learn how to modify an existing template. Author Jen McBee will demonstrate how to save a document as a template, and how to create a new document from a template, modify the document, and save the revised document as a template.
- [Voiceover] Creating a new Word document based…on one of the built-in templates is a pretty basic skill,…but have you ever thought about creating a new document…from a Word template, modifying that document…and saving it as a custom template?…Well in this video we're going to go through that process…so you can see how easy it is…and also how easy it is to access your custom templates.…We're going to start with a new Word document.…
I'll go to "File" and "New", click on "Business"…to get into the business category,…and I'm going to work with this services proposal.…Go ahead and double-click to open it up.…Now let's customize this for The Landon Hotel.…We can even change the title color…to be purple to match our logo.…I'll just right click on "Title" and modify the style.…Choose purple, then click "OK".…
Now this is a subtitle, "For Independent Contractors",…so let's also go ahead and change this color.…We'll go to "Modify...".…Purple.…Great.…And the word "Overview" is actually "Heading 1",…so let's modify it, and click "OK".…
To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Modifying existing templates
- Resolving multi-document style conflicts
- Designing advanced documents
- Working with outlines
- Creating advanced references
- Creating and formatting a table of contents
- Creating custom Word elements
- Configuring language options in documents
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.