To create personalized envelopes choose Start Mail Merge then Envelopes. Select the size envelope you will print and set other options including fonts for both address blocks. Choose a data source then insert merge fields. Finish and print one envelope to verify and, if needed, adjust the envelope feed options.
- [Instructor] If you have a data source…that includes the fields required…for address block,…such as name,…street address,…city,…state or province,…zip or postal code,…you have what you need to create…either envelopes or labels using Mail Merge.…In this movie I'll focus on envelopes,…in the next we'll talk about labels.…We're on the Mailings tab,…and I'm going to begin with Start Mail Merge.…Do not start with Envelopes or Labels.…Here these are a different feature…that are made to create labels and envelopes…that are not merged.…
For example, an entire page of labels that are the same,…a group of envelopes that are the same.…We want to merge envelopes in the same way…that we've done letters and email messages.…First the question is,…what is the delivery address?…And we have a space for Font and for Position.…The default font is a 12-point Calibri light…and it comes from our theme.…The default font for the return address…is also a Calibri light but it's smaller.…
The default position for a delivery address…is automatic based on the envelope that we're choosing.…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges