The merge labels feature is used to create address labels and other labels like folder labels and name tags. Choose Start Mail Merge then Labels. Set and save your label options to create a Word table for your labels. Turn on gridlines if you can't see the table. Connect to a data source. Insert merge fields in the first label, and Update Labels to propagate your changes to the other labels in the table.
- [Voiceover] In this movie, which is about creating labels,…we travel back in time to the genesis of mail merge,…because mail merge was actually created…to print labels and paste them.…Not even pre stuck labels.…Paste those paper labels onto envelopes…for large bulk mailings.…However, when you stroll through any office supply store…today, you see lots of choices for labels.…Not just for envelopes, but for DVDs, for file folders,…for key tags, for name tags.…You'll see more types of labels than you can imagine.…
I was recently at the office store buying labels…that I can print for my canning jars.…Any and all of these label products…can be used with mail merge.…We begin again, as we did with envelopes,…with a blank document.…We go to the mailings tab,…ignoring this choice that says labels,…and realizing we want to do a mail merge,…so we start here and choose labels.…When we chose envelopes, we had the opportunity,…although it was only an option, to choose…an envelope other than the default.…
With labels, it's right up front.…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges