Learn how to change margins in a Word 2010 document and how to control hyphenation. Author Jen McBee demonstrates setting header and footer margins, a skill you may be asked to demonstrate on the Word 2010 MOS exam.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Let's talk about…page margins and hyphenation.…So, page margins are the white, blank…space around the edges of your page,…and if our document isn't quite…fitting the way we want it to,…we can always go in and adjust those margins.…Also, hyphenation.…The default hyphenation is turned off…so that no hyphenation appears in a document.…But, on the Word 2010 MOS exam, you might…encounter a question or two about hyphenation.…So, in this video, we're gonna learn how…to configure our margin settings…and take a look at our options.…
We're also going to look at the…hyphenation drop-down menu so we can see what…options are available related to hyphenation.…I have the 0402 exercise file open,…so let's get started with this topic.…Let's first look at our margin options.…Let's go to Page Layout,…and click on the Margins menu,…and we'll see that the built-in…margins are Normal,…which is one inch all the way around.…Narrow, which is a half inch all the way around.…
We have Moderate, we have Wide,…which gives you two inches on the…
Explore the Microsoft certification program and then walk through all the exam objectives in detail. Learn about sharing and maintaining documents, formatting content, applying page layout and reusable content, including illustrations and graphics, proofreading documents, applying references and hyperlinks, and performing mail merge operations. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Creating new Word documents
- Protecting and sharing documents
- Formatting content using font and paragraph attributes
- Creating tables and custom bullet characters
- Inserting breaks, headers and footers, and watermarks
- Adding and formatting illustrations, graphics, and SmartArt
- Creating Quick Parts from existing objects
- Proofreading documents and configuring AutoCorrect
- Applying endnotes, footnotes, and hyperlinks
- Setting up and executing a mail merge
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 49s
2. Creating, Sharing, and Maintaining Documents
3. Format Content
4. Applying Page Layout and Reusable Content
5. Including Illustrations and Graphics
6. Proofreading Documents
7. Applying References and Hyperlinks
Insert and edit hyperlinks4m 31s
8. Performing Mail Merge Operations
9. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.