Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Welcome to this course about how to do mail merge in Word 2016 for Mac. I'm Gini von Courter. In this course I'll show you how to use the Word mail merge feature to quickly and easily create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and email messages. I'll demonstrate how you can connect Word for Mac to data that you already have stored in Outlook, Excel, or FileMaker Pro and use fields from these data sources and others in your letters or email messages. You'll see how to use rules fields in your primary merge file, so that you can use one file to do the heavy lifting of many different mail merge files and I'll show you how to troubleshoot some of the common issues that arise with mail merge so that you can tweak a file or a few settings and complete your project.
Whether you're new to mail merge, or have already created many merge documents, this course will take you on an ever deeper dive into the power of Microsoft Word 2016 for Mac. Thank you for joining me, let's get started.