In this video, learn how to link text in a Word document to an external data source. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to insert text as an object in a Word document, and then link the inserted text back to the data source. Learn that you can link any da
- [Instructor] It makes sense…when working with large documents…to link information to an external source…instead of copying and pasting the text into your document.…Using this option will embed the document…in your destination file,…and will keep the file size more manageable.…And you can do this section by section…or chapter by chapter.…Any way you want to split up the document.…In this video I will show you…how to insert text as a linked object…that will display the actual text right in your document.…I'll also show you how you can…insert the text as an object…but just display an icon so that a user can…click on that icon to open the document…to view the contents.…
We'll be working with two documents during this exercise.…The 02_06 LinkData…and, let me switch windows here…the 02_06 Locations document.…Now scrolling through our Locations document…you can see there's a description…for each of our locations, along with photographs.…And photographs can take up…quite a bit of space in your document.…So this is a great example of when we should…
To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Modifying existing templates
- Resolving multi-document style conflicts
- Designing advanced documents
- Working with outlines
- Creating advanced references
- Creating and formatting a table of contents
- Creating custom Word elements
- Configuring language options in documents
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.