Learn how to link document elements. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to create bookmarks in a documents, and how to use hyperlinks to create links back to the bookmarks. Jen also demonstrates how to use the Navigation Pane to navigation throughout your
- [Narrator] Moving from section to section in a long…document can require a lot of scrolling, and as you…scroll, you need to browse the document to find the next…text or section you're looking for.…There's a couple of things we can do to make it easier…for our users to navigate through our documents.…I'm going to show you how to create bookmarks…in your documents and then how to create a hyperlink…that's assigned to that bookmark.…I'll then show you how you can use the Navigation pane.…And the Navigation pane works with the styles that…have been applied in your document.…
So for instance, any headings that have a Heading 1, 2 or 3…style applied, can easily be located in the Navigation pane.…We're working with the 03_03 Links document.…This is our Two Trees Olive Oil Employee Manual.…It's a 23 page document.…I'm going to scroll down, because I want you to see on page 2…I've actually created text where we are going to…assign hyperlinks to bookmarks that we create.…We'll apply a bookmark to the Introduction section…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for contact hours and professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Modifying existing templates
- Resolving multi-document style conflicts
- Designing advanced documents
- Working with outlines
- Creating advanced references
- Creating and formatting a table of contents
- Creating custom Word elements
- Configuring language options in documents
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.