- Creating and saving new documents
- Opening and editing existing documents
- Formatting text
- Using styles
- Working with graphics and tables
- Adding and formatting headers and footers
- Saving and sharing documents with OneDrive
- Collaborating and co-editing with others
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi and welcome to this course on learning word online. I'm David Rivers, Microsoft Word is a powerful word processing application that gives you all the tools you need to create functional yet stunning documents. Word online is a somewhat less robust online version of Microsoft Word you use from your browser. But it does come with its own benefits. In this course we'll go through the document creation process using word online. While highlighting the differences between word online and the full fledged desktop version of word 2016. We'll begin with some background information on word online before we tour the online interface and start work on a new word document.
Then it's on to document basics like formatting, styles, adding images, tables, and charts. All which have differences from word 2016. The biggest advantages to using word online are realized when collaborating on files with others. So we'll dedicate a chapter to sharing and collaborating with others using word online including the use of one drive and multiple sharing options. With all of this and more to cover, let's get started learning word online.