Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to Word, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- [Voiceover] First thing you'll need to understand here…is that you won't be designing…your EPUB in Word, you'll be preparing it.…It's a subtle difference, and it boils down to this:…Word isn't a page layout program.…Well, though, over the versions in its history…it's introduced a number of features…that would lead you to believe…it's extended its reach into that realm,…trust me, that really isn't the case,…and in any event, none of those features…will help you in EPUB production.…
This isn't a what you see is what you get…or wiziwig type scenario, and you'll find out…more about why that's a good thing shortly.…If you're watching this course…and your idea for an EPUB revolves around something…that has a rich layout like a coffee table book…or a children's book, then you need…a product like Adobe InDesign,…and the Lynda.com online training library…has courses by the lovely Anne-Marie Concepcion…that will get you on the road to producing those things.…
What we're doing here is dealing with…and creating what is typically known…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2014: EPUBswith Anne-Marie Concepción4h 50m Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.