Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting footnotes and endnotes, part of Learning Word 2010.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Scholarly publications use footnotes and endnotes to provide additional background…information without breaking up the flow of the narrative on the page.…Using the reference number in the text, readers interested in more details can…read the footnotes, while others can keep on reading the page text.…Word makes it easy to add notes, managing their placement as you make changes to…your text. So, here's our novel, Treasure Island.…It would be a good candidate for things like footnotes, tables of contents and indexes.…
Here on the first paragraph, on the first chapter, there's sort of a vague date,…right here, 17 -- that takes place during the story.…Now, it might make some other readers interested in when Robert Louis Stevenson…was born and when this book was published.…That would be a perfect candidate for a footnote and it's not something that…you'd want to put right in the middle of the text.…It's something you just want people to be able to refer to, at least, if they're…interested in. So, as usual, to create a footnote for…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.