Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting building blocks, part of Word: Building Blocks and Macros.
In the last movie, we created several building blocks.…Of course, we need to be able to find them and use them, that's why we created…them in the first place, and we also want to be able to use them easily.…There are a billion different ways of inserting building blocks. Okay well, not…a billion but a lot, and some ways are easier to use than others. Some are…intuitive while others, well not so much.…So let's take a look at the different ways of inserting building blocks so we…can find the easiest way, and not only a shortcut but the shortest cut, so to…speak, of using these.…
Let's begin by looking at a few of these not-so-intuitive ways of insertion.…We created a building block called Case Style in our last movie.…Begin typing case style, I will type in C-A-S-E, as you type e in case, you…should be Auto-complete text pop-up with a preview of your building block, that…is unless you are using Word 2007.…Microsoft had decided in that version that the increased number of built-in…building blocks also increased the likelihood of inadvertently inserting…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.