Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Insert a table of figures or table of authorities, part of Creating Reports in Word 2016.
- [Instructor] My document includes items…that have captions, tables,…figures, illustrations and, if I wish, I can generate…a list of those.…Typically, these will appear at the end…of your document, although sometimes…it will appear at the beginning.…I'm going to go to the end of my document…and insert a page break.…One way to do that is choosing…Layout, Breaks but another way is simply Control + Enter.…
I'm going to go to references and I'm going…to insert a table of figures.…Now, you might wonder where's the table of tables?…Where are the other choices?…They're all in the same place really.…There's a Table of Figures, a Table of Contents…and so on but here,…if I want a Table of Figures,…I can say give me the figure and tell me…the text, that's the caption, and list what page it's on.…What if I wanted to do, for example, the charts?…Instead of Figure then, I would…choose Chart or a table.…
So, here's my table of tables.…All of them listed under Tables of Figures.…Simply click to generate a table of tables.…If I want to put a heading in front…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Outlining your report
- Applying styles and themes
- Inserting tables, pictures, and charts
- Dividing reports into sections
- Inserting a table of contents
- Proofing your report