Symbols and special characters are letters not found on your keyboard. In this video, learn how to insert copyright, currency, em and en dash characters, and more in documents.
- [Instructor] In Microsoft Word here are several … special symbols and characters available … to us that are not on our keyboard. … After watching this video you'll now how to insert … symbols and special characters into your documents. … I'll show you in Auto Correct where there … are some symbols and special characters available … to you and also how to create a shortcut … to a symbol or special character. … Let's just right into our Symbols and Characters document. … And I have my cursor right in the Ordered … column for textbooks. … I'm going to insert a checkmark here. … On my Insert tab, on the far right hand side … I'll click on Symbols. … We have two options, Equations and Symbols. … In the symbols window, you see the frequently … used symbols for this computer. … You may have something in there or it might be … blank at this point. … I'll click on More Symbols. … In the Symbol window we have a symbols tab, … and a Special Characters tab that we'll focus … on in just a moment. …
- Navigating within documents
- Inserting headers and footers
- Sharing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Inserting breaks
- Formatting text
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating citations and bibliographies
- Managing references
- Adding comments
- Managing change tracking
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
About the challenges1m 13s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Manage Documents
3. Insert and Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
4. Manage Tables and Lists
5. Create and Manage References
6. Insert and Format Graphic Elements
7. Manage Document Collaboration
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.