Footnotes and endnotes explain, comment, or provide references mentioned in a document. In this video, learn how to insert and modify footnotes and endnotes.
- [Instructor] You can use footnotes and endnotes … in documents to explain, comment on, or provide references … to something you've mentioned in your document. … After watching this video, you will know … how to insert both footnotes and endnotes and understand all … of the formatting options available to you. … Let's jump right in to our Footnotes_Endnotes document … and take a look at some footnotes and endnotes … that have already been inserted into the document. … There's two ways that we can quickly find our references … that we've inserted. … On the Home tab, we can go to Find and choose Find. … This opens up our Navigation window, where we can... … I'm going to get the word fair out of there. … We can use the dropdown menu … and go to Footnotes and Endnotes, pretty cool. … So here's our first instance. … We have put a reference in for the office hours. … You see the superscript one. … This is an endnote. … Now endnotes show at the very end of the document … or the end of a section. …
- Navigating within documents
- Inserting headers and footers
- Sharing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Inserting breaks
- Formatting text
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating citations and bibliographies
- Managing references
- Adding comments
- Managing change tracking
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
About the challenges1m 13s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Manage Documents
3. Insert and Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
4. Manage Tables and Lists
5. Create and Manage References
6. Insert and Format Graphic Elements
7. Manage Document Collaboration
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.