Learn how to insert and format SmartArt graphics as a way to make creative and interesting lists in Word 2010 documents. Once SmartArt has been inserted, learn how to add a custom caption.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] I just love SmartArt.…Bulleted lists is our go to…when we create a list of items in our document…but SmartArt will make your list…so much more interesting.…In this video, we are going to…look at ways that we can incorporate…SmartArt into our documents.…We're going to insert SmartArt.…And format that SmartArt.…You can expect to see a question or two…on your MOS exam regarding SmartArt…so that's gonna be the main focus of this video.…I have the 05_03 exercise file open…so let's ahead and get started.…
Let's scroll down to the bottom of our page,…and we're going to get rid of this placeholder…telling us where to put that SmartArt.…We'll go to our Insert tab…and click on SmartArt.…Now let's look at the categories in SmartArt.…We have Lists,…Processes,…Cycles,…Organizational Charts, Relationships,…Matrix, Pyramids, and Pictures.…This is similar to other objects that we insert…or different effects that we work with.…
There are no names underneath each one…so to find out what they're called…you'll need to mouse over them.…
Explore the Microsoft certification program and then walk through all the exam objectives in detail. Learn about sharing and maintaining documents, formatting content, applying page layout and reusable content, including illustrations and graphics, proofreading documents, applying references and hyperlinks, and performing mail merge operations. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Creating new Word documents
- Protecting and sharing documents
- Formatting content using font and paragraph attributes
- Creating tables and custom bullet characters
- Inserting breaks, headers and footers, and watermarks
- Adding and formatting illustrations, graphics, and SmartArt
- Creating Quick Parts from existing objects
- Proofreading documents and configuring AutoCorrect
- Applying endnotes, footnotes, and hyperlinks
- Setting up and executing a mail merge
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 49s
2. Creating, Sharing, and Maintaining Documents
3. Format Content
4. Applying Page Layout and Reusable Content
5. Including Illustrations and Graphics
6. Proofreading Documents
7. Applying References and Hyperlinks
Insert and edit hyperlinks4m 31s
8. Performing Mail Merge Operations
9. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.