Learn how to create a table of figures using advanced caption options. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to add captions to the objects in your document, and how to create a table of figures using advance caption options. Jen also reviews labeling option
- [Instructor] Adding captions to pictures…in a Word document tells users exactly…what they're looking at, and it helps you…quickly create a table of figures to be used…as a reference point for the objects in your document.…I want you to think of a table of figures…the same way you think about table of contents.…In this video, we are going to insert captions…for a couple of our pictures.…I'll show you the formatting options…available when you're assigning…or inserting captions for your pictures.…We'll then create a table of figures.…
We're working with the 04_03 Captions document;…and if we scroll down, you'll see that I have…inserted some pictures of flowers.…We have three flowers that already have a caption on them,…and that caption says Figure 1…with the flower name after it.…I'm going to create a new caption called flower type…that I want to apply to four of the pictures on this page.…Now the easiest and cleanest way to do this…is to get rid of the caption that's already applied…to dianthus, mums, and daisies.…
To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Modifying existing templates
- Resolving multi-document style conflicts
- Designing advanced documents
- Working with outlines
- Creating advanced references
- Creating and formatting a table of contents
- Creating custom Word elements
- Configuring language options in documents
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.