Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting your document's info, part of Learning Word 2010.
In this lesson, we take a close look at the Info Section for your Word documents.…There are some details in there that are worth focusing on.…You'll see how to access the information that Word stores with your files, and…you'll learn some tips for sharing your files with your colleagues.…So to get to the Info Section, we go backstage by clicking the File tab, and…then initially, you usually will see this Info tab highlighted and the info in here.…So, this gives you a thumbnail of your document.…Then under this Properties group, you see things like the size of your document,…how many pages there are, the number of words, and how long you've been working…on it. You can change the title, or you can add…tags which will help you look up the document later.…
And you can add comments in this section that won't appear in your document,…they'll just appear in the Info group. Now, you'll also see times related to…your document. You'll see when it was printed and when…it was created, and the last time changes were made.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.