Unlock the power of Microsoft Word from your web browser. Learn how to use the unique features of Word Online, the web version of the powerful word processing program.
- [David] Microsoft Word is a powerful word processing application that gives you all the tools you need to create functional, yet stunning-looking documents. Word Online is a somewhat less robust online version of Microsoft Word that you use from your browser, but it does come with its own benefits. I'm David Rivers, and I've been teaching people how to use Microsoft Word efficiently since the very first versions arrived on the scene in the 1980s. Word Online is a newer option that makes it easier than ever for anyone to access the power of Word from any connected device.
In this course, we'll go through the document creation process using Word Online while highlighting the differences between it and the full-fledged desktop version of Word 2019 and Word in Office 365. There's plenty to cover, so let's get started learning Word Online.
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Word desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Word Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Word Online. For basic Word guidance, please see Word Essential Training (Office 365) or Learning Word 2019.
- Identify three Microsoft account types that can be used to access Word online.
- Explain how to start a new paragraph when dictating text.
- Recall how to determine the number of rows and columns to start with when creating a table.
- Recognize the users who have access to a document set to “Anyone with this link can edit.”
- Determine how to print a document that is not printing with the correct formatting from a Word file.