Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Generate a table of contents, part of Word 2016: Styles in Depth.
- One of the benefits of using styles in long documents…is you can quickly and easily create…dynamic tables of contents for your document.…The same power that lets us see all of these…different headings here…we'll use them to generate a table of contents for us.…I'm going to simply hold control and press enter…to go to a new page…and on this new page, I want to go to references>…table of contents, I have a couple of choices.…I have one that starts with contents,…one that starts with table of contents…and then a manual table of contents,…which would allow us to type a table of contents.…
So, you'll usually use automatic…one or automatic two.…And when I do that, notice, here's my table of contents.…And if I make any modification,…if I go for example to commercial installations…and add some text or remove some text so that…solar installations is now on the next page,…it begins on page four,…that would mean that my table of contents is wrong,…it says it's on page three, but all I need to do is…click at the top of the table of contents,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the different types of styles
- Creating styles
- Applying styles
- Customizing styles
- Basing new styles on existing styles
- Managing style sets
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Creating a table of contents with styles