Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Gathering information using pop-up boxes, part of Word: Building Blocks and Macros.
One type of macro I have found myself creating over the years is updating field…codes to automatically run merge field codes.…The merge fields come in handy across so many different kinds of forms and documents.…I thought I'd show you how you can incorporate them with macros in your…documents and templates.…This method really makes it easy for me to fill in the same type of form…over and over again.…Let's say at Explore California, we're producing a new movie called Explore…California Your Way.…
We will be filling in the same type of form header for each scene and act.…We'll first create a few bookmarks, so we can then refer to them with our Ask fields.…So click where it says Scene# in this little cell here, this is simply a table,…and click on Insert, and then Bookmark underneath of Links.…We'll give our bookmark a name, and this is going to be Scene. Click on Add.…We'll create another bookmark for Act.…
So go to Bookmark and call it Act, and click on Add.…Next, click back underneath of Scene.…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.