Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Front matter, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- Between the front cover and the first chapter…of your book, you will usually find a bunch of information…that is referred to as the Front Matter.…And that might include any preface or prologue to your work,…a dedications quite often found in that area,…as well as some information about the publication…and the owner and/or publisher of the work…and the copyright holder and so on.…What used to be called the colophon in the publishing…world, that bit just there, used to be included…at the very end but these days it's included at…the beginning, just an assertion…of the rights and so on from there.…
This actual file if you're a lynda.com premium subscriber,…you'll have access to this in your exercise files.…Although I dare say you would be capable of conjuring…one up fairly quickly to be honest.…So the stuff that's normally included on there is…the title of the publication and then published by…and that will either be you as the self publisher…or your publisher or the company you publish under.…Then the copyright, it is worth including the copyright…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2014: EPUBswith Anne-Marie Concepción4h 50m Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.