Word has all sorts of font formatting capabilities.…You can choose a Typeface and its size. You can make text Bold, Italic, or Underline.…You can change the color of your text. This lesson shows how to use these tools,…which you'll find on the Ribbon, in the Font group on the Home tab.…So, Home tab, and then this is the Font group in here.…And these are all commands that affect the appearance of your text in your document.…So, the thing to do is to select some text and then you can make changes to it.…
We'll just go through all of these options one by one.…This first option here is the Font menu. You can open up the Font menu and then as…you choose one of these options, you can see it's displayed over here in the headline.…When you see a Font option that you like, all you need to do is click on it, and…that applies that font to your document. Now, the Font Size works the same way.…If I point to it, one of these Font Size numbers, I get a preview of the size and…then all I need to do to make a selection is click on that option.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.