Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting the document, part of Learning Word 2016.
- Formatting a document is different from formatting text.…When you format a document, you're adjusting settings…for the size of your page, your margins,…and the layout of things on the page.…So, I want to open up a document here,…I'm going to go into my Exercise Files.…I'm going to choose Hotel Guide_text only.…And I'm going to double-click on that,…which will launch Word and will open up the document.…And this is going to be a great document…to talk about page formatting,…because I just have a whole bunch of text here.…Now, I do have a little bit of formatting…applied to this text, you can see…I changed the size and the color of this text,…and some of my text is aligned to the center of the page.…
But we saw how to do that…in the movie on formatting text.…This is going to give us a good start…to format the page formatting.…Now, before I switch over to my page formatting,…there's something here in the Home ribbon…that I want to turn on.…This button will turn on hidden formatting symbols.…So if I click on that, now I can see this big marker…
- Explain why you should sign in to your Office 365 account when using Word.
- Recognize options for formatting a document in Word.
- Name benefits of using styles in a document.
- Recall a way to insert a picture into a document.
- Identify where to click in order to make a format change to an entire table.