Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting charts, part of Learning Word 2010.
After you've added a chart to your document, you have lots of options for…editing and formatting the graphic. This lesson shows how to add new elements…to your chart and how to change its appearance.…So, we've got a memo here and we've got our chart in place.…This was the initial formatting that it came with it, it keeps track of our expenses.…Now, suppose I want to change some of this underlying data.…The thing to do is to click on the chart and then right-click and go Edit Data.…
When I click that button, it brings up the Excel spreadsheet that holds the data…for my chart. Let's say, I want to add three more months.…We'll have half the year in here instead of just the first quarter.…Choose the cell where I want to add the data, and I can add April, May and June.…You could see this blue line expands as I do that and it creates a larger data area…for my chart. Instead of typing in numbers, I'm just…going to quickly copy these numbers over there.…
It'll sort of repeat the data. I want to align these on the right-hand side.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.