In this video, learn how to change the appearance and attributes of text in a document by using built-in styles as well as applying individual attributes like font face, size, bolding, text color, and alignment.
- [Instructor] When it comes to formatting the content…in our documents here in Word Online…we have many of the options we're accustomed to seeing…in the desktop version of Microsoft Word.…One thing you may notice that's missing…as you move through the tabs across the top here…is a Design tab where we find things like themes…that will automatically apply font schemes…and color schemes to our content.…That means we're kind of on our own…when it comes to formatting text…and our paragraph formatting.…That's what we're going to do in this movie.…
We'll continue working with our Red30 Tech document…that we've started.…So if you've been following along…we're going to start with the first two lines,…the title Red30 Tech User Conference 2019.…So we'll just click and drag across and down to select that.…You'll notice this little pop-up toolbar…giving us many of the formatting options.…For example, if we want to change the font face,…Font Size, we can also apply attributes,…like Bold, Italic, underlining.…You'll see highlighting here as well.…
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Word desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Word Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Word Online. For basic Word guidance, please see Word Essential Training (Office 365) or Learning Word 2019.
- Saving documents in Word Online
- Opening and editing documents
- Formatting text
- Adding graphics and tables
- Sharing and printing documents