Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding and replacing text, part of Learning Word 2010.
Computers do some things much faster then we humans.…That's certainly the case with finding text in a document.…This lesson shows how to find words and phrases, and you'll also learn how to use…Microsoft Word's Find and Replace feature.…This comes in really handy when you have a long document.…This document's about seven pages long, and it would be sort of tedious to go…through and look for every instance of a word of phrase, but we can do that using…Word's Find tool. So, the way to get to it is click the…Home tab, look down here at the end and you'll see Find and Replace, and these…are the two commands that we're going to work with now.…
If I click Find, it opens up this panel over here and it shows the last search…that we've done and you'll notice it has 3 tabs this last tab here is related to…the find feature. So I can just delete that word and put in…a new word that we want to search for. So I'm typing in inn, the word for inn,…and then I can click this button or I can just press the Enter key and Word goes…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.