Find and replace options locate text and update the information throughout the document. In this video, learn how to use the options to update dates and names in a document.
- [Instructor] Knowing how to quickly find … and replace content throughout a document … will make users much more efficient. … After watching this video, you'll know how to find … and replace text, find tables … and comments within your document, … and how to work with special characters. … Let's jump into our find replace document and get started. … Now, to begin with I want to open my find … and replace navigation window, Control + F for Find … will launch that window over on the left hand side. … I could also go to my Home ribbon, … to the far right hand side and select Find, … either way will open it up. … I find the keyboard shortcut to be much quicker. … What I'd like to do is find each instance … of West End London and replace it with Paris, France. … Using my search window and the Navigation window, … I'll type in West End London. … Notice that as I'm typing, … it's actually finding instances of the words I'm typing in. … We have one instance of West End London … and I know that, because I'm looking down …
- Navigating within documents
- Inserting headers and footers
- Sharing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Inserting breaks
- Formatting text
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating citations and bibliographies
- Managing references
- Adding comments
- Managing change tracking
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
About the challenges1m 13s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Manage Documents
3. Insert and Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
4. Manage Tables and Lists
5. Create and Manage References
6. Insert and Format Graphic Elements
7. Manage Document Collaboration
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.