Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Ribbon, part of Learning Word 2010.
If you're new to Word, or you haven't used one of the more recent versions of…Office, you need an introduction to the Ribbon.…The Ribbon is command central for all your work in Word.…It's kind of like a supercharged toolbar, it puts all the commands you most…frequently use in one place. This lesson provides basic tips for…working with the Ribbon and things you learn here you can apply to other Office…applications too. So, the Ribbon is this part on the top of…the document window here include this large barrel with all size of buttons and widgets.…
Then it has the tabs here at the top when you click on a tab it changes the…controls that are shown here. These tabs really organize the controls…by activity so for example this Insert tab gives you a way to insert pictures or…clip art into your document. The Page Layout tab gives you a way to…change the margins, the page orientation, size, that kind of thing.…References gives you a way to insert different references into your document,…or you use things like a table of contents or an index.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.