Learn how to insert merge fields, complete the mail merge, and view the results, challenges you may encounter on the Word 2010 MOS exam.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] In the last video,…we learned how to set up a Word document for a Mail Merge.…In this video, we're going to finish…inserting fields into a document.…We'll insert a merge field, preview the results,…filter our recipient list,…and finish the merge.…Let's begin by opening the 0802 document.…I'll go to File,…and Open.…In our Chapter Eight folder, here is our 0802…final customer letter.…I'll double click on it.…
Now, because in the previous video,…we connected this letter to an Excel workbook…as our data source, we're getting this…sequel command question.…It's just letting us know that if we click Yes,…the data from the database, which is our…Excel workbook, is going to be placed into the document,…and do we want to continue?…We're going to say Yes.…If we don't, that link between our data source…and our letter will not be maintained.…So, we're going to click Yes.…And now that the data source has been verified,…we can continue working on our customer letter.…
We had inserted an address block and a greeting line.…
Explore the Microsoft certification program and then walk through all the exam objectives in detail. Learn about sharing and maintaining documents, formatting content, applying page layout and reusable content, including illustrations and graphics, proofreading documents, applying references and hyperlinks, and performing mail merge operations. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Creating new Word documents
- Protecting and sharing documents
- Formatting content using font and paragraph attributes
- Creating tables and custom bullet characters
- Inserting breaks, headers and footers, and watermarks
- Adding and formatting illustrations, graphics, and SmartArt
- Creating Quick Parts from existing objects
- Proofreading documents and configuring AutoCorrect
- Applying endnotes, footnotes, and hyperlinks
- Setting up and executing a mail merge
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 49s
2. Creating, Sharing, and Maintaining Documents
3. Format Content
4. Applying Page Layout and Reusable Content
5. Including Illustrations and Graphics
6. Proofreading Documents
7. Applying References and Hyperlinks
Insert and edit hyperlinks4m 31s
8. Performing Mail Merge Operations
9. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.