Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing with Cut, Copy, and Paste, part of Learning Word 2010.
For most of us mere mortals, after we write something, we need to make changes.…Editing usually entails deleting some words, adding some words, and moving…other words around the page. In this lesson, you learn how to use…Word's Editing tools, Cut, Copy, and Paste.…You'll see that there are three ways to initiate these commands.…You can use the Ribbon, or you can use Shortcut keys, or you can use a pop-up…Context menu. Last but not least, you'll see how you…can speed things up by using Drag and Drop Editing.…
So, when you're editing a document like this, you'll find that the major editing…commands are over here in the Home Clipboard group.…That's where you'll find Cut, Copy, and Paste.…You'll also find the Format Painter here, but we won't go into that right now.…When you want to make most changes, you need to select something.…So, I can select a couple of words, and then I can go over here and I can cut…them by clicking on that button. It looks like a little pair of scissors.…
And when you have something selected, you'll notice that these buttons are highlighted.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.