Spell check is a pretty essential tool. But, sometimes there are words that you don’t want the spell checker to mark for you. Let’s look at how you can control this using the custom spell check dictionary. We'll add words to the dictionary, then we'll explore some deeper settings for managing the custom dictionary. We'll also talk about sharing a custom dictionary with other people.
- [Voiceover] Spellcheck is a pretty essential tool,…but sometimes there are words that…you don't want the spellchecker to mark for you.…So let's take a look at how you can control this…using the custom spellcheck dictionary.…And we're gonna start with the parts…that most users already know.…When you write something like I have here in this document,…if there is a word that is spelled wrong…it has a red underline below it.…So I want you to notice that this word, Kineteco…is marked as a spelling mistake,…but this is just the name of a company…that I'm doing some work for.…
It's a new word that they made up,…so of course the spellchecker doesn't recognize…that word even though it is spelled correctly.…Now we're gonna deal with that in just a second.…But first I also wanna point out this word…which is my last name, but it is a pretty unusual word,…and you might expect that the spellchecker…would not recognize it and mark it as a spelling error.…Keep that in mind as we go through this,…but first let's address that word Kineteco.…
Note: These tutorials apply to both the Windows and Mac versions of Word 2016.
- Setting default font and saving location for new documents
- Replacing text automatically
- Working with hyperlinks
- Viewing word and character counts
- Customizing your dictionary
- Locking documents