Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating your own building blocks, part of Building Blocks and Macros in Word.
Just about anything that you could put into a Word document can become a…custom building block.…It's a big statement but it's true.…You can create a building block from a word, paragraph, a page or even a 500 page document.…A building block can be a table, a picture, a logo, a chart or a graph, even an…equation. You can even make a building block out of a header and a footer, or…even a combination of all of these.…Literally anything that you could put into a document, you can save as a building block.…
The wildest thing about building blocks is how darn easy they are to create.…What we used to have to create a macro for, we can now do with building blocks,…without recording our steps.…So let me show you how easy they are to create yourself.…It's truly as easy as one, two, three.…So one, we are going to select our text.…So select the case style here at the top.…Let's say that we work for a company called Explore California and we have been…working with our legal department on some documents.…
We have had to constantly copy and paste our case style into a document.…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010: Mail Merge in Depthwith Gini von Courter1h 31m Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.