Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a style, part of Learning Word 2010.
Word comes with quite a few standard styles.…And a lot of the time it's best to go ahead and use the standard pre-designed styles.…There's a lot of variety there and they're pretty well thought out.…Sometimes however you may want to create your own custom style.…And once you create a new style you can apply it to any paragraph in your…document just as if it were one of the previous eye in styles.…This lesson shows you how. So here we have our novel, and, it uses a…few different styles. You can see this chapter number is using…the Heading 2 style, and that's the same down here in chapter two.…
We've split the screen so we can look at the beginning of two chapters at the same time.…This is the chapter title in text, it's using Heading 3.…Three and the same thing down here. Well suppose we want to create a custom…style for this bit of text in here. So the thing to do is to create a new style.…And the way to do that is to go up here we're on our Home tab where we see our styles.…And over in here we've got the Expand button where we can open up our Styles…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.