Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating multicolumn pages, part of Learning Word 2010.
Word makes it easy to create multiple columns on a single page.…In this lesson, you see how to change the format to one or more columns per page.…So, sometimes you want to have a layout that looks more like a pamphlet or a news…paper, where you have more than one column on a page.…And that's pretty easy to do in Word, simply go up here to the Page Layout tab,…Click on that. Then in the Page Setup Group, you'll see…there's a menu that's devoted columns. Click on that, and you can choose the…number of columns that you want, so let's just look at two.…
So, here we have a document with two columns on the page, and what happens of…course is when you get to the bottom of this column, the text continues on this page.…And as you're typing, if your working in this format, you can keep typing away and…Word will automatically bump you to the net column.…And then at the end of the page, it will go back over to the left column here, you…can just keep on working in that manner. When you're working with multiple columns…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.