When you complete a Word for Mac email merge, messages are sent directly to the Outbox in Outlook for Mac, then to Sent Items if you are working online. Consider working offline, and if you are merging messages for hundreds or thousand of recipients, generating your merged emails in batches. For more information on batch size talk with your IT department.
- [Instructor] This document is called Email Message Content.…It's in the Chapter 02 folder of the Exercise Files.…But you can start with any document you wish…to send as an email message,…and personalize for your recipients.…If you're responsible for correspondence…for your team or for a department…and you haven't used this feature before,…you're in for a real treat.…This is similar to what we did with letters…and everything we learned about how to create…mail merge letters is going to work for us…right here with email.…
We're ready to go.…Start Mail Merge.…Rather than Letters, choose Email Messages.…Select Recipients, Use an Existing List.…The list I'm going to use is on my desktop…in the Exercise Files Chapter 02, Requests.…Any list you wish to use is fine…as long as one of your fields is email address.…Notice that I'm prompted to convert it,…say OK because I trust this.…I'm going to open the document in the…workbook called Requests.…
I don't need to specify a cell range,…it's all that's there.…I know that that's done because filter is fired up,…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges