The Labels feature in the Create group on the Mailings tab is not a mail merge feature. Rather, it is used to create a set of identical items on label stock. Uses for this include return address labels and business cards. The Envelopes feature in the Create group has similar uses.
- This movie technically has nothing…to do with the mail merge feature,…but while we're on the subject of labels,…let me show you how to quickly create…a sheet of identical labels,…because there are lots of good uses for this.…Return address labels, property labels,…I've seen people print their business cards…using a business card stock…that's set for particular label size.…And with all of these items,…any time you want a bunch of things that are the same,…this is how you would do it.…We're going to use Labels, here…in the group to the left of Start Mail Merge.…
We could also be creating envelopes,…these both work in a similar fashion.…Notice that we don't have the choice of what…we'll do with two different labels, one label only.…Here are my options to choose different labels,…I'll keep the 5160 address labels,…those are, I think, three over and eight up.…Nope, 3, 10.…Okay, but that's what I have,…I have these 5160 address labels.…And I have the ability to print a single label.…
The reason people do this is we didn't used…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges