The Labels feature in the Create group on the Mailings tab is not a mail merge feature. Rather, it is used to create a set of identical items on label stock. Uses for this include return address labels and business cards. The Envelopes feature in the Create group has similar uses.
- This movie technically has nothing…to do with the mail merge feature,…but while we're on the subject of labels,…let me show you how to quickly create…a sheet of identical labels,…because there are lots of good uses for this.…Return address labels, property labels,…I've seen people print their business cards…using a business card stock…that's set for particular label size.…And with all of these items,…any time you want a bunch of things that are the same,…this is how you would do it.…We're going to use Labels, here…in the group to the left of Start Mail Merge.…
We could also be creating envelopes,…these both work in a similar fashion.…Notice that we don't have the choice of what…we'll do with two different labels, one label only.…Here are my options to choose different labels,…I'll keep the 5160 address labels,…those are, I think, three over and eight up.…Nope, 3, 10.…Okay, but that's what I have,…I have these 5160 address labels.…And I have the ability to print a single label.…
The reason people do this is we didn't used…
AuthorGini von Courter
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2013: Templates in Depthwith Gini von Courter1h 46m Intermediate
Word for Mac 2016: Forms in Depthwith Gini von Courter1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Personalized Letters
2. Use Email Merge
3. Create Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
Merge envelopes6m 23s
4. Use Rules and Other Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.