Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create, modify, and apply styles, part of Word 2016: Styles in Depth.
- [Instructor] This is a basic document…with some document text and a chart,…and a footer with page numbers.…We're going to begin by applying some styles.…First, let's see what the design…of this document looks like.…If I choose themes, you'll notice that…Office is the theme that's selected.…Remember that you can always simply hover…and it will tell you.…Office theme.…Then I have all of these different style sets,…and I'm going to choose a different style set,…just for the heck of it.…I'm going to choose a style set called Shaded.…
And that style set choice didn't…change anything about the document,…because we haven't applied any styles yet.…But if I go back to my Home tab,…notice that I have new styles in the style area.…Let's select the title of the document…and click Title to apply the Title style to this selection.…Let's now choose Wind Installations,…and I'm going to apply a top level heading, a Heading 1.…I have some other Heading 1's I want to apply as well.…
There are actually three of them.…Remember, you can hold Control…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the different types of styles
- Creating styles
- Applying styles
- Customizing styles
- Basing new styles on existing styles
- Managing style sets
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Creating a table of contents with styles